To put it simply, Ignite is the business development process, dig is where it happens…
Our business development program, called Ignite, actively identifies and evaluates new business opportunities, educates and provides mentorship to entrepreneurs, and creates, incubates, and grows new companies in Buffalo.
Collaborating with a network of industry experts, project managers, business leaders, and students, we offer a continuum of resources to entrepreneurs at every stage of business development, including those who just have an idea for a company or product, to those who are much farther along in the development and commercialization of a product, technology platform, or service.
Drawing on the resources of the Medical Campus, our primary focus is in the areas of health care, technology, life sciences, manufacturing and energy, however, we work with a varied group of entrepreneurs to help develop and grow their businesses. In line with our MutualCity mission, we also offer assistance to social entrepreneurs and neighborhood residents who have business ideas, including offering scholarships and connecting them with other resources as necessary. We welcome entrepreneurs of any type to connect with us!
Ignite Provides Workspace
- dig, a co-working space designed for those in the early stage of developing a business or idea in the Innovation Center at 640 Ellicott Street
- Office and laboratory space for emerging companies at the Thomas R. Beecher, Jr. Innovation Center at 640 Ellicott Street
- Life sciences incubator at 73 High Street
- The Innovation Center Annex at 847 Main Street
- Connections to other state-of-the-art research and development space on the Medical Campus, including the Jacobs Institute, UB’s Clinical and Translational Research Center; Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute; NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences; and others.
Ignite Offers Business Services
- Evaluate new companies and ideas
- Educate inventors and “idea champions” on the commercialization process.
- Facilitate the product/technology development process
- Form business teams and align investor partners for pre-launch companies.
- Optimize business plans, facilitate the business formation process, and launch promising new companies.
- Provide “soft-landing” in our incubators for small companies graduating from our acceleration process.
Ignite Fosters Education and Networking
- Host networking events
- Connect entrepreneurs and innovators with the needed partners and services within our community.
- Host educational forums, sponsored by Ignite and other organizations on issues critical to start up companies.
In case you missed it:
- BNMC Inc. & First Niagara Award Second Round of Seed Capital Accelerator Funds
- Business leaders show off Medical Campus to Canadian entrepreneurs